What is your refund policy?
We do not offer any refunds but we’ll gladly do our best to help should any problems arises with installation.
I don't have a credit card, do you take PayPal?
Yes! Simply checkout like usual and PayPal is an option as well.
How can I make sure I receive e-mails from the mailing list?
Please mark our e-mail address as safe (firstname.lastname@example.org) and ensure the spam filter does not grab it. Here are a few other options: http://kb.mailchimp.com/delivery/deliverability-research/my-subscribers-arent-receiving-my-campaigns
Installing an action
- Locate where the action is downloaded.
- Double click on the action to “install” the action.
- Go to Photoshop, then ensure your action panel is open by going to the Window menu, and then ensure Actions is checked.
- The action will now appear at the bottom on the list of actions. In case you have a lot of previously installed actions, scroll down on the entire list to see it. It will be in a folder called “*Name of the action* by Fine Art Actions”
How to run an action
- Make sure the image you want to use the action on is open in Photoshop.
- Make sure you have your Actions palette open. Again, it can be found under the Window menu, and then ensure Actions is checked.
- Before you run the action make sure it’s a flattened image, that means there should be no other layers on top of the image as it may disrupt the action from working properly.
- Click on the action that you would like to run. Make sure it’s not the folder, but the action within the folder. If you did it correctly, the “Play” icon at the bottom of the actions palette will now be in a dark grey colour.
- Hit the “Play” button and it will run the action.
- It will now add a folder to the top of your image, which contains all the colour adjustments done to the image.
How to customize an action
- Once your action has run, the layer names may include certain instructions such as masking certain parts of the image, for example, the skin.
- You can adjust the opacity of the folder or the individual layers.
- Feel free to Turn layers on and off to explore the different colour combinations on your image.
- Play with the adjustment layers to explore various colour tones on your picture.
What are Photoshop Actions?
Photoshop Actions are installable effects for Adobe Photoshop that can quickly and professionally improve your photo with the click of a button.
Here at The Color Lab we’ve created handcrafted colors palettes that are designed to apply a beautiful set of tones on your photos with just one click!
Can I transfer my presets to another computer?
Yes you can! Once you receive your presets via the download link after purchase, it is highly recommended that you save them onto an external hard drive where they can be safely stored.
What version of Photoshop do I need to use the action? Will it work in any language?
Photoshop CS6 and above will work perfectly. Using any version below that will not function as they are missing certain adjustment layers. These actions are designed to work with any language as well.
I’m new to Photoshop, can I still use your presets?
Absolutely! Our actions and presets are designed to help those with little editing knowledge to achieve striking and storytelling colours with just one click.
Will your actions work for Lightroom and Adobe Elements?
Our Photoshop actions are strictly for Adobe Photoshop and it will not work at present on another program.
How do I install Photoshop Actions?
It takes just a few minutes to install your new Photoshop Actions. (see below)
Are your actions compatible on Mac & PC?
Yes! Our actions are compatible with both Mac and PC.
Here are some ideas on how you can color tone using our actions!
What are Lightroom Presets?
Lightroom Presets are installable effects for Adobe Lightroom that can quickly and professionally colortone your photo with the click of a button.
What version of Lightroom do I need?
We recommend the latest version of Lightroom CC including Lightroom Classic CC.
If you run into issues with the presets, please contact us and we’ll resolve them right away.
Can I use Lightroom Presets in Lightroom Phone App?
Yes you can! Here is a link to our step by step installation guide –
Are your presets compatible on Mac & PC?
Yes! Our presets are compatible with both Mac and PC.